Purpose of the Role:
Our new client is recruiting for an experienced ERW Project Manager to work in the Kurdish Region of North Iraq.
This position is contingent upon contract award
You will be the leader of an explosive remnant of war (ERW) clearance project. The purpose of this role is to ensure that the project is delivered on time, on budget and within the parameters set out wihtin the contract scope of work. The project will be delivered in accordance with international and national mine action standards, national security and mine action laws and client HSSE compliance requirements.
This position requires making effective use of technical leads, such as the Senior Technical Advisor on ERW requirements, the HSSE expert, and the Country Management Team on in-country policies and procedures.
Proposed rotation is 12 weeks in country 3 weeks leave.
Contract is expected to run for 12 months.
Role and Responsibilities
The role and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Act as the project lead, supporting the Regional Manager and Regional Management Team (RMT) and request their support when required, so that ERW services are delivered by the project in compliance with company policies and procedures. This includes ensuring that all support services, logistics, finance, administration, human resource management, security services etc. are requested by the project and enabled by the project, for the smooth delivery of ERW services as required by the project.
- Act as the primary focal point on all client and external relations pertaining to the project.
- Management of the project team including all ERW expatriates and local nationals delivering ERW services.
- Managing the in-country project budget.
- Manage in-country procurement and ensure all due diligence and approved vendor processes are adhered to.
- Take a leading role in quality assurance and management.
- Write reports as required and assist in the writing of reports, whether internal, IKMAA related or external.
- Conduct any other activities, whether for multiple projects or programmes or related to the development of mine action services when requested to by the Regional Manager.
- Trained & qualified to the International Mine Actions Standards minimum IMAS Level 3.
- Educated to Bachelors or Masters level in a management discipline or equivalent professional experience in terms of years and roles.
- Experience of, or qualification in quality management systems, preferably ISO.
- Qualified project manager.
- At least 10 years work experience in project management, of which at least 5 years experience in mine action project management.
- Must possess outstanding interpersonal skills, comfortable communicating in both complex and politically challenging environments.
- Experience and ability to live and work in a multi-cultural environment.