Insurance, accommodation, food and economy flights provided.
Purpose of the Role:
Our new client is recruiting for an experienced ERW Technical Advisor to work in the Kurdish Region of North Iraq.
This position is contingent upon contract award
The primary purpose of this role is to work under the leadership of the senior technical advisor to ensure that all measures possible are taken to ensure training, equipment, procedures and all other aspects of clearance work at site are compliant with international and national standards.
Proposed rotation is 12/3.
Contract is expected to run for 12 months.
Role and Responsibilities
The role and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Advise and ensure measures are taken to maximise the safety of personnel, including demining teams and visitors to suspected or confirmed hazard areas where these demining teams are working.
- Support and lead the delivery of mine action services to client, notably in reaching clearance productivity targets, training and deployment schedule and respecting budget parameters.
- Work with the project team, the country management team and the Senior Technical Advisor to ensure mine action, security, HSSE and other relevant requirements as defined in national laws, international laws and client contracts are complied with.
- Notify the Senior Technical Advisor and project leadership as early as possible when there is risk or actual breach of ERW best practice.
- Be part of an effort to drive quality within all mine action operations.
- Assist the Senior Technical Advisor identify and select equipment for use in demining and EOD operations. Manage the testing, storage and maintenance of demining and EOD equipment. This may include explosive stores, munitions caches, training areas and other ERW related resources.
- Trained & qualified to the International Mine Actions Standards minimum IMAS Level 3.
- Thorough proven knowledge of:
- project and task planning processes, especially joint planning;
- the use of decision-making tools – GIS;
- mine action & EO SOPs & equipment;
- technical and international humanitarian safety standards and procedures;
- International Mine Actions Standards & QA/QC procedures;
- counter-mine measures/demining or UXO clearance operations and related practices.
- At least 5 years work experience in operations management, of which at least 3 years experience in mine action operations.
- A solid understanding of proven team building and leadership skills.
- Strong analytical ability.
- Experience and ability to live and work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Flexible and adaptable to any situation.